Fs9 not loading or takes a long time to load

darrenvox

Back around Xmas my monitor spliffed up and I waited till after New Years (cause I know it would be busy) and just recently got a new monitor. But now fs9 won't work..or will take way too long and crashes..I'll give you the error code in a minute but it now even gives me a Microsoft windows error on startup of computer

Anyone got an answer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's one of two files ill probably try to fix it..we'll see..my chkdsk is running on computer it found bad sectors so it's fixing or checking...will let you know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may have nothing to do with FS9 if you are getting MS errors on PC startup. Appears something else may have gone wrong on your system. Everything else working ok? Other games? If you installed any software that may have come with the monitor may be best to uninstall it immediately and see if there is any change.
Mark Daniels

Did you unplug your 'puter while you were waiting to get the new monitor?

Many of these "deep problems" can be caused by a dead keep-alive battery on your mother board (and its a cheap and easy fix so its a good first step when it comes to upkeep). :cool:

After you make sure that your PC is unplugged from the wall, open your tower and look at the mother board. You should spot the battery and its holder. Sometimes you'll need to look near your RAM or under the GPU to find it. The battery type should be something like "CR-16" or "CR-8" and this info appears on the battery itself.

Replacing the battery is fairly easy (try searching on Youtube or do a Google search) just be sure to not get finger prints on the new battery when you install it. Finding a replacement battery is pretty easy. You can even find them at your grocery or drug store. Just try to buy something that hasn't been sitting on the shelf for years. There's nothing worse than replacing a "maybe bad" part with something that's already dead. :rolleyes:

Don't underestimate what a bad $2 part can do to your system. A dead battery can put a serious power drain on your power supply, especially on older hardware.

This is also a good time to invest in some canned air and clean out all the dust bunnies inside your case and power supply and under the mother board .

If your mother board is getting fairly old (3 years or more) you may also want to check the condition of discreet parts like capacitors. The caps filter off noise from the power supply and eventually they may start to leak oil or look like a can of beans that's about to explode. That's usually a sign that you've had some power surges hit the house. :p

If it takes a long time to load programs and you are getting error messages your hard drive is failing. You can download free hard drive tests from the manufacturer of your hard drive and run it. It should confirm whether or not your hard drive is failing. But what your are experiencing are classic signs of a bad hard drive.

Archived