Garmin 500 in FSX SE Problems

bmatt569

Hi All,

My flights have encountered a strange problem lately.

I'll plan a flight in LittleNavMap or Plan G, save it (and in Plan G export it). IO then start FSX SE as normal. When it is loaded I load the flight plan from the flight planner and OK it as usual. In the default aircraft with the 2D panel, I open the GPS and it looks ok, except the magenta flight path line and none of the airports are there.

I Googled this problem and found several suggestions but nothing seems to work. I've tried to renaming the Documents>Flight Simulator X file and remaking a simple point to point flight plan and opening it in FSX SE. still the same problem persists.

Any thoughts or solutions that I haven't found yet?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

I'll plan a flight in LittleNavMap or Plan G, save it (and in Plan G export it).

When you export it from PlanG, does it have the extension .FLT?

Do you place it in the folder C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ ?

Can you then find the file you just placed there with the usual browser? IE: Can you open the folder, go into it, and actually see the flight you just created? Can you open the .FLT file with NotePad? You should be able to.

Do you have FSX and FSX:SE loaded on the same drive? In other words, does PlanG perhaps place the file in C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X SE Files\ ? Or it places them in C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ , but you should be looking in the one for SE flights?

Do you have full Admin rights to whatever folder the flights are placed in? Do you run LittNavMap and PlanG as Administrator? Do you run FSX:SE as Admin too?

Have you tried making up a point-to-point flight using the GPS?

Do you have the NAV/GPS switch in GPS?

Have you verified the game files integrity for FSX:SE with their built-in verification system?

I'm just trying to think of possibilities. I don't know if any of the above will help or not...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pat,

I DID have FSX Gold boxed on this computer. It got corrupted so bad I had to uninstall it. There might be a few remnants of it still in the registry somewhere (Grandpa doesn't play in the directory!!!)

The files are there where they are supposed to be.

I have admin rights to everything the way it should be.

I tried a point to point flight that I built with the flight planner in FSXSE while it was running and had the same problem with the default C208B. Tried it with the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22GTS and it was fine in THAT Garmin 430. I'm going to try other default A/C today and see if they have the problem.

Built in verification system ... wha ... really, there is such a thing? What exactly does it do and how do I access it?

You do realize that I'm only a step or two above a rock and a chisel technology don't you?

Sincerely, thanks for your help.

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

…..Built in verification system ... wha ... really, there is such a thing? What exactly does it do and how do I access it?.....

Hi Bill,

Very easy to do...…

1. Launch Steam and log into your account.

2. Click on the Library heading

3. Right-click on the game and select Properties from the resulting menu list. A new Window will open.

4. Select the Local files tab and then click on the Verify integrity of game files... button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes...….

Regards

Brian

Archived