Any here know how to fly He-111 on one engine?

il2crashesnfails

can the pro's here tell me what i'm doing wrong when I find myself on one engine in the he-111.

Do you have extra fuel onboard now that one engine is dead? If there's more fuel than you need to get "home" on one engine, maybe dump it? Lighten the plane in any way possible.

That means fuel, any extra weight, like machine guns, oxy tanks, etc. Bombs, naturally. Jettison or drop them on a target of opportunity, right away. Like, loose the bombs as soon as the engine gets hit.

From what I read on WWII B-17 missions, they had to do that on occasion to get back to England.

Does that help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Do you have extra fuel onboard now that one engine is dead? If there's more fuel than you need to get "home" on one engine, maybe dump it? Lighten the plane in any way possible.

That means fuel, any extra weight, like machine guns, oxy tanks, etc. Bombs, naturally. Jettison or drop them on a target of opportunity, right away. Like, loose the bombs as soon as the engine gets hit.

From what I read on WWII B-17 missions, they had to do that on occasion to get back to England.

Does that help any?

Pat☺

Yes, alot of help, I never considered how much fuel I had. Usually its 3/4. This could be one of the reasons i find it hard to maintain altitude!

Archived