Advice sought regarding second monitor ....

kenp51

I'm thinking about getting a second monitor to display checklists, moving maps etc. Probably something in the 12-15inch range so it doesn't take up too much desk space alongside my current 34inch monitor. Any need for touchscreen, or would that potentially conflict with my mouse and other usb devices? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Not sure about a touch screen. I have dual monitors and what I found out with my GTX 560TI is that the HDMI cable connector was a smaller type. So I had to get a different cable on eBay. Now with my GTX 1050TI I don't have that issue. So make sure you have the proper cables.

duel

[doo-uh l, dyoo-]

See more synonyms for duel on Thesaurus.com

noun

a prearranged combat between two persons, fought with deadly weapons according to an accepted code of procedure, especially to settle a private quarrel.

any contest between two persons or parties.

Reminds me. I'm on the second chapter of Sun Tzu. I need to finish it. LOL

Speaking of duels. I guess Alexander Hamilton was in 103 of them mostly about defending the honor of his wife. He was known as the frontiersman President as America set fourth towards the West. Apparently, he had a sharp temper. He was in fact the first President to be born in a cabin.

Say what you want about Legos, but Lincoln Logs rule all! LOL

Back to your scheduled thread on duels.

I used it for the map and one or two other screens.

Yeah, my second smaller monitor is for LittleNavMap and the occasional web suffering on a long flight. What I was not aware of using two monitors is that I had to place FSX in windowed mode just to use the second screen. Unless you strech the Sim across multiple screens of course.

Oops! I said Duel instead of Dual, as pointed out above, my mistake lol.

Many years ago I think I've made that mistake. But being on countless forums I have since learned not to make that mistake ever again. Just like how I spelled college, collage. Oopsie! (As they say in the game Mortal Combat for what ever reason I have yet to understand. LOL)

Archived