New rig on the way - considering X Plane

GONKO

Hi All

I'm currently on FSX and now looking at X plane 11 vids on youtube and the planes and scenery look great. P3D also looks good but from what I hear, XP has better flight dynamics and is a lot less stressful on resources.

What rig would be good to run X Plane in 1080p with as much maxed out as possible. My inbound system is Alienware R8 and some of the highlights are:

1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage).

256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

16GB DDR4 at 2666MHz Dual Channel

Intel® Core™ i7 9700K (8-Core/8-Thread, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5

Will the above setup be able ot handle XP, including the usual addon payware etc....AC/Scenery and so on?

Thanks for that reply, and I have seen similar online. But, I also see people online struggle to run max settings on any computer with less power than the space shuttle.

I'm guessing I can max it out....hopefully.

Hi All

I'm currently on FSX and now looking at X plane 11 vids on youtube and the planes and scenery look great. P3D also looks good but from what I hear, XP has better flight dynamics and is a lot less stressful on resources.

What rig would be good to run X Plane in 1080p with as much maxed out as possible. My inbound system is Alienware R8 and some of the highlights are:

1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage).

256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

16GB DDR4 at 2666MHz Dual Channel

Intel® Core™ i7 9700K (8-Core/8-Thread, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5

Will the above setup be able ot handle XP, including the usual addon payware etc....AC/Scenery and so on?

That system will be fine.

Enjoy!

That system will work okay, but you will not be able to run the sliders very high. I am building a new computer with a 9900K at 5.2ghz, 2080ti, with 64 ram, HP EX920 M.2 1TB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D TLC NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 2, and am curious how it will perform. Will report back when finished.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I'm hoping to be able to max out the sliders. I'll be at 1080p on one screen (for now, although I do have 2 screens) and ideally will look to add some ortho.

Surely my inbound system should easily allow maxing everything unless I'm going 4k with multi monitor?

Depends on weather, scenery density and aircraft complexity...but for the most part you'll have room left over.

My system is slower than yours and I still have plenty of fun at pretty high settings.

It's about being smart with what you've got :-)

Depends on weather, scenery density and aircraft complexity...but for the most part you'll have room left over.

My system is slower than yours and I still have plenty of fun at pretty high settings.

It's about being smart with what you've got :-)

Great, that gives me some comfort that I have got the right system.

Once this rig arrives, my two girls have no father for a week !! :D

Archived