Thanks FlightSim.com

Kirk

So I bought FSX on October 13th, about 6 weeks ago. I don't even want to discuss how much money I've spent since then (fortunately I'll get a Christmas bonus from work that should cover most of it). But even more important is the knowledge I've gained since then, and I'm not sure you can put a price on that.

I know there are other flight sim groups/forums out there, but for some reason I happened upon this one. And I'm so glad I did. I can only imagine the number of new flight sim enthusiasts you all have seen over the years. I'll bet many of them ask the same questions and you've probably given the same answers time and time again. Although I try to search for answers first, I'm sure I've asked some of those same questions. And each and every one has been answered here, respectfully and helpfully.

I don't want to get all sappy. But it did seem like the right time to say thank you for your help as I, and others, learn this new thing.

So I'll say it... thank you!

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

.....And each and every one has been answered here, respectfully and helpfully.....

Hi Kirk,

That's what the community is all about. I first 'dabbled' with flight simming in 1990 starting with Flight Simulator 4.0 - over the years I have learned lots of stuff regarding the various types of the sim that I have purchased. No matter how long you have been simming there is always something new that can be learnt by reading the forums.

Give it a few years and, as you explore and learn more stuff, it will be you that will be imparting the very same info to new simmers and, thus, keeping the community alive......

Regards

Brian

I bought it through Steam. I play videos games on occasion (though not lately ;) ) so I already had a steam account and am comfortable with using it.
Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Archived