FSX Win 7 and new monitor question

Hi, I am running the DVD version of FSX on Windows 7.

I would like to know if I can use a modern 31.5 inch monitor with this setup.

My concern is whether the new monitor will give me a stretched image, or black sidebars as on TV.

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

31.5 inch? Sounds like an Asus ($198.40 at Amazon). Native res is 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and is 16:9 aspect ratio (wide screen). Windows will not display a res your monitor can't handle. Set res of monitor and then tell FSX to run at that same res and you are done. A movie might give you black bars (top, side?) but that is not due to your monitor, or windows, but rather caused by your media player. You will be fine with this. Set to 60 hz FRAME (no longer 'refresh') RATE, Progressive and and that's it ..go fly.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Oh, you should have VGA and HDMI input ports I do believe. Hope your video card has HDMI which would give you the best graphics.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived