Happy Thanksgiving USA Shorts 360 Plymouth to Nantucket, Ma.

Virginia and Massachuettes claim to be the where the first USA Thanksgiving was celebrated. I choose to fly from Plymouth to get to grandma's house on the pretty isle of Nantucket. A Thanksgiving melody via piano is included for your enjoyment.

Almost 400 years ago now. And it wasn't the Pinta, Santa Maria and Nina. It was El Nino!

And just to clarify since I already know I'll get jumped on, it was a Carnival Cruise called the Mayflower. I hear there was much gluttony and diarrhea.

Inside humor.

Many people who don't know history think the Pilgrims came over on the Pinta, Santa Maria and the Nina. So I said El Nino since that too is Spanish.

But I made sure to state I knew it was the Mayflower, all the while making fun of this people who go on cruises for pleasure and eat like pigs and then get food poisoning. Yet the Pilgrims and what have you never had it so good. If they got sick it sure as hell wasn't from over eating.

Such is life today. We are very fortunate and spoiled. When the Pilgrims came over they were starving, and thanks to Squanto and pals they survived. Squanto lived a very interesting life by the way.

Thanks and now I understand.

BTW, I was in your area six months ago visiting my kids at KBJC. I was lucky enough to be there on the opening day of the Rocky Mountain National Park road for the season. They opened it early and I really enjoyed the trip through the mountain pass with the huge drifts of snow.

You know, I have lived here about 23 years and have only been up to the Rocky Mountain National Park once. When I went I didn't have sunglasses and got snow blind. This was during the Summer and yeah, there is a snow pack on each side of the road about 30 feet high. Pretty amazing. They say the Rocky Mountains have two seasons. Summer and Winter and I believe it.

Born and raised in Brooklyn and never been up in the Empire State building and only visited the Statue of Liberty when I was a cub scout!

The cobblers kids are the last to have shoes too!:)

That trip to CO was awesome. We took mostly Rt 50 across America and mostly route 35 back to CT.

Took the slow roads rather than highways and roomed and ate at "mom and pops" all the way!

Wow, I would have thought everybody that's lived in NY would have been in the Empire State building.

Yeah, traveling around the country is fun. I've been to most places myself, but the farthest East I've been was Chicago. Well, I was born there in a suburb and I have family that live there.

Perhaps the best part about Chicago is the food. There's a great place there called Portillos. They serve Italian beefs, Chicago hot dogs and other stuff. Great food. I hear another place that rivals Portillos is Al's. Never been there.

Apparently, my great uncle has his arrowhead collection at the Field museum there. He was a collector and amassed quite a few. He lived in Chicago as a pretty well off real estate lawyer among other things. Actually won the lotto twice. One was little Lotto I think it was and the other was the IL state lotto. Man was always lucky. Hell, we went deep sea fishing with him off Newport Beach and he caught all the fish! LOL

Archived