Laptop monitor not full width

I have a problem that I should be able to figure out (I'm pretty tech savvy) but I'll be darned if I can. This all pertains to FSX SE.

I'm using a 45" HDTV as my main monitor. I have a 23" monitor that I use for my radio stack and gps. And I want to use my laptop (my gaming computer) monitor with Air Manager for my instruments. All 3 monitors are set for 1920 x 1080. The 45" works awesome. The 23" works awesome. But the laptop monitor will not use its full width. It behaves like an old TV show would on a modern TV. The active area is square and in the middle. I can't place anything on either side of that square.

Here are my laptop specs:

HP-Omen

Windows 10 Home

i7-7700HQ @ 2.81 GHz

8 gig of RAM

64 bit

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Intel HD Graphics 630

(I believe the GeForce is handling the 45" and the 23" while the Intel is driving the laptop monitor. Though I may be wrong about that.)

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Have you tried swapping what each monitor displays, what I mean is get the laptop to show the radio and gps then put the air manager on the 23"

Just a thought I'm no expert lol.

Thank you for the suggestion! Actually I did think about that but having the radio stack and GPS set up on the laptop made them too small to read. Plus the "not using the full width" problem was still there. :(

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

(I believe the GeForce is handling the 45" and the 23" while the Intel is driving the laptop monitor. Though I may be wrong about that.)

This might be your problem. You would have to see about which GPU is using what for sure. One GPU may not have the resolution you need. I don't use 10, so I have no idea where to find those options. The control panel and perhaps right clicking the desktop might be a start.

Something else that might be going on here is that it's just the way it is since you have such a high resolution screen being driven by a laptop.

Thank you both for your input. I really appreciate it.

I believe I've narrowed the problem down to FSX SE. I went ahead and bought Air Manager and set it up to display on the laptop. Which it does beautifully... until I launch a flight in FSX SE. Then, immediately, the resolution on the laptop changes. It not only becomes a square but it also reduces the res. Before launching the flight I can view all the gauges. As soon as the flight launches I can see maybe a quarter of them and they're now huge.

However, when I do the same thing in X-Plane 11, it works like a charm. Everything stays the same resolution.

It's unfortunate because I really don't care for X-Plane 11 that much. I prefer FSX. So I think I'll keep troubleshooting.

I got it! I looked at the FSX.cfg file and there it lists both GPUs and their resolutions. The GeForce was correctly set to 1920x1080x32 but the Intel, which was indeed driving the laptop monitor, was set to 1024x768x32. I changed the Intel to 1920x1080x32 and viola!

Thanks again for the suggestions and input!

Archived