Flying from Wake Island to Midway Island

Fifth trip around the globe and almost home. Just got to hit up Hawaii then San Diego then onto Denver.

Weather at Midway was 77°F, wind from the west at 3 knots and 8 miles visibility. Landed at around 8 PM.

5xtAj5o.jpg

nETjVu4.jpg

fe1hGB4.jpg

Yeah, the sky colors look pretty good. I'm not too sure if that's due to AS16 with Cloud Art or ORBX base.

Little spots indeed. I'm flying an unrealistic speed of mach 2.35 with a ground speed of about 1,500 MPH and I barely get across the Pacific. The Pacific is MASSIVE! All the way to Australia it goes. The Atlantic is not near as big.

Yep, about 2200 NM from PHNL to KSAN now. About an hour and 45 minute flight. LOL I don't like simming for longer than an hour even though Pandora is playing. As we all know, cruising is just plain boring. I like the approach and landing the best.

At 180 miles out I start my decent. I throttle down to mach 1.70 with a VS of 5,000 feet per minute. Then at FL350 I throttle down to mach 1.50 and set VS to 4,000. At FL280 I throttle down to mach 0.90 and adjust VS to 3,000. At FL220 I set to IAS and set the airspeed to 400 knots. At FL150 I set IAS to 300 knots and set the VS to 2,000. By the time I reach FL100 I will be at 300 knots imagining ATC gave me that approval (I just want to get there) and as I come with 40 NM out to the airport I throttle down to 250/220 knots. At about 15 miles out I'll set the final approach speed of around 130 knots. I probably could do 125 knots, but my AoA increases and I think it might be unrealistic. I'm not sure what the flap maneuvering speeds are for the F-22 so I watch my AoA and when it reaches 2.7 to 3.0 I set a flap. That seems to be a nice round number. I do the same thing in the Lear 45 watching my AoA.

I'll have to look at my post cards now. I may have acquired some I haven't had prior. This time I went all around Norway up to that small Arctic island that contains a NSA listening post and the word's plant seeds in a bunker. When I started heading East I went through Russia and stops throughout Mongolia, then on to Beijing. From Beijing I hit up North Korea (never been there) and onto Osaka, Japan. From there it was Iwo Jima, Wake Island, Midway Island and now Hawaii. Next up is San Diego. Debating if I'll hit my home airport of KFNL or KDEN. I haven't been to KDEN in a while. I have the Flightbeam upgrade. I just changed its textures for Fall.

Archived