help please

painda

I have flightsim 2004, I use world of ai as traffic, today I installed a BA 2017 flight plan using AIFP3. I when went on fs2004 selected heathrow then start flight, the flightsim loads up to 100% then goes black and crashes. how do I stop this from happening? ive set flightsim back to default but still the same problem.

thanks dan

ive set flightsim back to default but still the same problem.

Does that mean you got rid of the AI flight plan you added? Not to mention all other AI flight plans you've added by whatever means...

Did you make sure you made the new AI Flight Plan you added was in FS9 format, NOT FSX format?

Does it mean that you re-installed FS9? If so, did you totally and completely remove any and all traces of the original installation? Like the entry(s) in the Registry, any and all .flt, wx, and so on, files? And all remaining folders, wherever they might reside?

There is a great guide stickied to the top of the FS9 (this one) forum on how to un-install/re-install FS9 correctly. You might want to read through it...

Did you try deleting your FS9.cfg file when you reset the sim? After making a backup, of course?

Did you try setting your default flight back to the original one? Of course, if you delete your .cfg file that's taken care of...

Did you try getting rid of any AI aircraft, add-on scenerys and so on? Start with the latest, and work back.

Good luck! Keep us appraised of your progress :) It might help someone else with a similar problem!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Look at your event viewer. Go to the Start orb and in search begin typing event viewer. The crash log may clue you in to what happened. But as stated I would start by reversing what you just did, i.e removing that flight plan and see if that fixes the issue.

Archived