Need help deciding what to buy.

Baseballdawg02

Im new to fsx and i want to get a cheap but realistic stick or yoke so do you have any suggestions on whether i should get a stick or yoke and any good but cheap yokes or sticks, throttles, and rudder pedals. Ive never used any of this so is anything able to work with a windows 7? Please give me suggestions that are cheap.

Im new to fsx and i want to get a cheap but realistic stick or yoke so do you have any suggestions on whether i should get a stick or yoke and any good but cheap yokes or sticks, throttles, and rudder pedals. Ive never used any of this so is anything able to work with a windows 7? Please give me suggestions that are cheap.

This is what I started with many years ago & I'm still using it today. I'm an avid simmer averaging 10 flights per week. Good joystick for about $35.00

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-extreme-3d-pro-gaming-joystick-silver-black/5796515.p?skuId=5796515&ref=06&loc=01&msclkid=4f5184a4226c136fc891df3ab96b447e&gclid=CLmhuoiOwN0CFTSjZQodlfoAZA&gclsrc=ds

5796515_sa.jpg

I have used both, and oddly enough, I have found that my joy stick is more precise than the yoke.

Presently I am using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro purchased from Best Buy.

Just one mans opinion.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

I use a Thrustmaster T 16000. It has the smoothest motion of anything I've used including a CH yoke. It does not use a spring like other sticks. Take a look at it.It's very affordable. I would probably get rudder pedals before I would get a yoke but that's me.

If you want to go yoke and pedals, I can recommend the CH Products line. But they are pretty expensive. I won the lotto so to speak and got both of mine at a yard sale for $25!

Prior to that I just used a joypad with dual axis sticks. I configured one stick for elevator and aileron and the other stick was for rudder.

A flight stick might be more suitable and is cheaper, but I don't care for them all that much. Very hard to crab without foot pedals.

Archived