New Logitech (Saitek) X52 Pro drivers - proceed with care!

tgon

By chance, I looked at the Logitech web site for updated drivers for my X52 Pro joystick and there were new drivers available. Downloaded, installed and ran FSX.

Pleasantly, after an absence of many years, the X52 Pro MFD displayed the radio stack information so was quite happy about that! What I didn't know until I started flying is that some joystick assignments had been altered even though there was no profile created.

After some delving around between FSUIPC where I prefer to assign buttons, the FSX command section and testing the Logitech profiler (which was still blank), I discovered that the driver installation had modified my standard.xml file.

Within the file, I noticed that the original X52 Pro joystick lines still existed and a new X52 Pro HOTAS section with some new assignments which is the reasons my flight controls were a bit screwy. I backup and deleted the sections and all is good again, plus the MFD still worked!

So, caution if you update to the new drivers that the FSX controls file will also be amended (albeit poorly).

Archived