Upgrading a monitor

Mac6737

I'm thinking about upgrading my 2012 PC, on which FSX with service pack and Rex clouds works pretty well, although my frame rates are wobbly with the REX clouds. I am now running an intel i5 2500K with 3.3 GHZ clock speed, 8 megs RAM and a Radeon 6770 video card.

My current monitor is 22.5" diagonal, and max screen res is 1680 X 1050. Can I go to a larger monitor (say, 27") with higher resolution?

(Yes, I understand I should upgrade the CPU and video, probably to the i7 7700K (4.2 GHZ), and go up to 16 RAM. My question is: Can I go to higher res at all?)

Thanks everybody.

Well, OK. But after asking this Q, I went into the Settings on FSX, and found that the highest res is the one I'm already at. Is that because FSX can read my video card and knows what the max is? Because the specs in the link are well above the max in FSX settings.

Sorry, I am not an adept. Yet.

Well, OK. But after asking this Q, I went into the Settings on FSX, and found that the highest res is the one I'm already at. Is that because FSX can read my video card and knows what the max is? Because the specs in the link are well above the max in FSX settings.

Sorry, I am not an adept. Yet.

I'm not an expert at all, however I can tell you that a few years ago I went from my 24" monitor to a 32" TV and I love playing FSX on it. Been doing it a few years. For me the resolution is great. I'm sure the specs on my old desktop are considerably less than yours.

Regards

Kevin

no, according to those specs the card can do it. What you look at in fsx means your current screen can not do a higher resolution. It shows the max resolution you can set. And that resolution depends on screen and card.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived