FS2004 UK Airport Ident Beacons effects

kjy

Hi,

Most UK Airports have Identification beacons - Lights which flash the Airport's code in Morse.

Green for civil and red for Military.

Does anyone know of an effect file which could be amended to each Morse ident?

I have looked for hours but no luck and I don't think I have the expertise to make the effect myself (I've tried!)

Thanks

KJY

I have a funny feeling that, unless an airport has an 3rd party change to it, in which there has been placed a static object, which is a rotating beacon specifically made just for that one airport, your choice is the standard White-Green, or White-White-Green, for military airports. The default FS9 rotating beacon for airport location.

To get a custom beacon, which is what it appears you're looking for, you could make a custom object of a beacon, with it flashing the correct code for a specific airport. Then, you'd have to use an object placement software of some kind to replace the existing beacon at the desired airport. But you'd have to make a single custom object for each airport.

Since I have all the artistic capability of a small rock, I can't even guess at just exactly HOW to do this.

You might want to take a look at the FSDeveloper forums. They have a number of forums that deal with doing exactly what you're talking about, with different drawing and object placement softwares.

Not super helpful. Sorry...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived