Saitek throttle quadrant not working

Thanks for looking-

Today I bought a Saitek throttle quadrant used, and it won't be detected nor will the power led turn on. It has an s-video connector, which seems to fit into both ports on my pc (mouse and keyboard). So do I have to attach it to a hubbed and s-video-armed USB controller, then to the pc? The only other Saitek controller that I have is a USB x52 throttle (no stick). The attached pictures might help. The last one has some red on it, labeling a part where the metal part is taller than the rest... that's normal, right? Or is it obstructing its connection to the pc so that you can only use it while plugged into other Saitek products? I'm really lost...

Any help is appreciated!

-TheAwesomeCobra

IMG_20180619_191801_527.jpgIMG_20180619_192047_739.jpgIMG_20180619_192214_632.jpg

Edited by TheAwesomeCobra
Forgot to attach files

That is designed to fit into the Saitek yoke

which then attaches to the pc via usb. I think you need the usb version of the quadrant to use without the yoke. Someone may correct me however. Sorry.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So i did some more research, and it is actually a ps/2 connector, not s-video. But the throttle quadrant itself is really just a few pots and levers inside of a box, which does not include the actual driver/controller. Looks like nothing will be happening to this lever box...

Thanks for all the help!

This is the throttle quadrant that comes in the box with the Yoke. The Yoke is required as anything with a PS/2 connector is not plug and play and will not be recognized. Previous poster was correct that you need the stand alone version with the USB connector. Now just find yourself a used Yoke and you are good to go. :)

• 2 years later...
Well, looks like used yoke prices are still about $150, way out of my budget. I only got the quadrant because it was $4. Too bad I can't use it... But thanks for the help anyways.

Hi TheAwesomeCobra,

I'm looking for the cable of your throttle quadrant... can you sell it to me?

Thanks in advance

Piergiorgio

• 1 year later...
I know it's now 2022, but for those who have these PS2 throttles and want to connect them to their PC as a game controller (without requiring the yoke) there is a way, I've been working on it for a we while and have a pretty stable system, it allows 2 throttles connected. Giving you access to the 12 buttons aswell, I can post more details if interested.
  • Like 1