ODAA Aden International Airport 1980's Scenery for FS2004/FSX

Apaleutos1985

I'm in the process to create/modify an existing addon scenery of Aden International Airport former ODAA now OYAA...for FS2004 and hopefully for FSX too. I want to create a scenery representing the airport as it looked like in 1980's. The airport hasn't changed at all literally, except only the addition of a new ATC Tower which was build in 2000 and a resurface of aprons in Terminal building. Can anyone who knows a little bit of Scenery Editing programs help me to overcome some difficulties concerning removal of objects from an existing Scenery?

Kind regards,

George

Hi,

I the texture folder for this add-on scenery, see if you can identify the object (bmp file) you do not want to show and delete it. Also one of the bgls in your ad-on scenery folder pertains to this object but be careful this bgl could also include some other texture so back it up before you start making any changes.

Also you might want to use the ADE Exclusion Rectangle but it usually only deletes the default objects.

Good Luck,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Instead of trying to open the bgl, delete an object, and then recompile the bgl, why not create an exclude area for the precise location of the object? I use SceneryGenX (no longer supported or available anywhere) to remove existing FS9 scenery buildings when I make a new scenery, and while I know nothing about other scenery making programmes I would expect them to be capable of making an exclusion zone.

Archived