FSX crash when changing aircraft or loading new flight - MSVCR80.dll - SOLVED

tommyeng

FSX shutdown when changing aircraft, or loading another flight? Tick "Run program in compatiblity mode for Windows 8!

My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64bits. Suddenly my FSX-SE just shut down with an error message. This happend a number of times. I also had freezes shortly before lining up, during tax, directly before landing and occasionally in midflight. Searching forums for "crash when changing scenery or aircraft or season" I learned that the culprit module probably was MSVCR80.dll. The logfile/event log entry read (in Swedish version)

Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: fsx.exe, version 10.0.62615.0, tidsstämpel 0x559f9a9a

, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: MSVCR80.dll, version 8.0.50727.9348, tidsstämpel 0x59a71bf3

Undantagskod: 0xc000000d

Felförskjutning: 0x00008aa0

Process-ID: 0x9ac

Programmets starttid: 0x01d3dbc7a6e88021

Sökväg till program: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Sökväg till modul: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9348_none_d08c1480442bf1e1\MSVCR80.dll

During the same period I have had isssues with the joystick, which hade begun losing the center calibration. This was manifest during taxi, but also at the gate when the rudder suddenly was turned left. This could be seen also during flight, when a short twist on the joystick the rudder was repositioned. When I installed the flight yoke system the problems got worse: The rudder suddenly twisted left , the steering gave no response - unless I attached the joystick and twisted the hande.

I tell of these control issues as they were fixed the same way as the FSX-SE shut downs.

Unistalling and reinstalling C++ 2005 (who contains the MSVCR80.dll module) made no difference. I have NOT reinstalled FSX-SE.

Right now I see the change of behaviour in the FSX-SE as a result of the Win10 updates. Which one I cannot tell. But as FSX-SE has worked beautifully with Win10 until say four months ago I have to come to the conclusion that the reason for these problems is FSX-SE (and FSX boxed I assume) being old applications, and Microsoft not being able to give the updates of Windows the universal compliance needed.

My SOLUTION? Tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for Wndows 8" in Properties of FSX.exe. This worked for me.

System: MB:Gigabyte 970A-DSP3 CPU: AMD FX4300 GPU: GeForce GTX660. OS: Win10 Pro 64. FSX-SE. UTX Europe. REX Texture Direct Enchanced. Project Airbus, OpenSky and other freeware aircraft.

Good luck,

Tommy Engman

Tommy Engman ESNU

Archived