Elusive graphics problem

Have run into a graphics problem using P3D v4.2, I run four screens so or me frame rates are low, if I can get 30fps by turning scenery etc down I am flying well. However I find that every sixty seconds or so the frame rates drop to single figures and the suddenly picks up again. Have tried turning off Windows updates and anti virus. Whilst scenery can hit rates I don't think that is cause, I get the problem in the cruise as well as in heavy scenery. Nothing odd showing up in task manager.

PC is i5 OC to 4.4ghz. Dual GTX 970 graphics cars. Windows 10 64 bit.

Never used to do this with earlier versions of P3D.

Barry

http://www.a320sim.com

I also run 4 screens but i am using an 15 @3.4ghx. I run fsx but don't have the issues you have so your hardware is not the problem.

Have you tried different aircraft and different scenery areas?

Has the problem always been there or has it just started?

Do you have the latest graphics drivers.?

What in-game/ nvidia inspector graphics settings are you using?

More info is needed to help sort you out.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just with one plane? Then I guess it might be a gauge misbehaving.

All planes? Then maybe weather updating once a minute? Injecting weather update drops frame rate.

(i use fsx myself, so just guessing here about p3d.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the helpful comments, giving a bit more information. The problem seems to have cone in since P3D v4.2. I was OK before that but I think that if the improved features (like HDR lighting) were the cause I would expect a permanent rate drop, not the intermittent. I only use one aircraft, the A320 included in Jehell. Any other aircraft would not work with my cockpit software.

I have latest drivers installed but NVidia settings are default as I am not clever enough to alter them.

The weather update is an interesting suggestion, the upgrade to P3D 4.2 necessitated an Active Sky upgrade, I will try it this evening with Active Sky off.

You can see my setup in the link below.

Barry

http://www.a320sim.com

Archived