Flying help: HS 748

jh1144

Hi! I need help from anyone who is experienced with the HS 748. I have tried everything, but my flight keeps dying about an hour into the flight. At first I thought it was to do with my prop, but I think it's more to do with the fuel trim/temp issues. Can anyone provide me any guidance? I followed the instruction manual, but still no luck. Thanks!of

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Possible issues:

*You ran out of fuel...verify that there is fuel onboard.

*Fuel is present, but it's all in a tank that does not or is not feeding...check fuel tank selector and that fuel is in a tank that you know feeds. Sometimes, there is a tank(s) with fuel in it, but regardless of tank selector position, the tank never feeds.

*Fuel pressure is lost...set all pumps to 'on'.

From what you've said, I agree that it sounds like fuel. Do the engines suddenly stop for no apparent reason?

Nadlzfw

If we are talking about the Rick Piper HS 748, you should perhaps consult the fuel trim chart, and set the fuel trimmers according to your altitude and the Outside Air Temperature. Alternatively, you can just set the fuel trimmers to zero, and the aircraft will still fly.

You need to turn on the fuel heaters when the temperature is -20C or less.

Larry wins. It was fuel heater issue. Thank you everyone, and please pardon my ignorance. :)

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Archived