AI aircraft don't show up

This is not a help thread. Rather I'm passing along some Info that may help someone else in case they run into this issue. For a while I wasn't seeing AI at airports. They would only fly around me. So then I thought, 'what if it was due to my recent flight plans I added?' And sure enough when I removed the two flight plan BGL files the AI showed up. I narrowed it down to a Spirit AI package I installed that I got here from the library. I used AIFP to convert the BGL to FSX and sure enough it worked.

So just a heads up. If you notice AI planes not at airports, then it may be a recent flight plan/s you have added. You can try converting the flight plan/s to FSX with AIFP or just delete the flight plans altogether.

Pretty amazing how one flight plan messes up the whole lot.

Simple: Go to your version of D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery , ie: in your FSX, go to ...\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery. Wherever you have your FSX.

Look for any file named traffic_XXXXX_.bgl Similar to this: traffic_PCF_8.bgl. Leftclick on the one you want to delete, hit your DEL key. Or, lclick on one, then if you want to delete more than one, hold your CTRL key while clicking on the others. They will highlight also. When you have all the ones you want to delete, hit the DEL key.

If there is more than one, and they are all one-after-the-other, ie: several files all together, you can lclick on the first one, then move your cursor to the end of the last one, hold the SHFT key, and lclick the last one. All the files between the first and second click will be highlighted. Click DEL key, and they will all be gone.

OR, if your not sure which file is the culprit, you can make a sub folder under ...\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder, like this: ...\FSX\Scenery\world\scenery\BAXX. Then place the suspect file(s) in it.

You will need to restart FSX to see the effects of any of these changes.

Hope this helps!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pls help me how to delete flight plans

Why do you want to delete flight plans? Are you having issues? If so it may be the most recent flight plan/s. In which case organize the folder from date added most recent.

Archived