PC-12 Fuel Gauges and Use

Art Burke

Haven't been seriously flying in quite some time. One of my favorite planes is my FlightOne Software Pilatus PC-12. Suddenly, with no reasonable explanation, when flying, the left fuel tanks drain twice as fast, and the right fuel tank not at all! Lord knows where my original documentation went, but I haven't been able to find anything relating to cross-feeding pumps or similar.

This activity seems sudden, but, since I haven't been flying steadily in a long time, who knows?

Art

Leesburg, FL

SOLVED! Another reader from another forum had the solution. Not too long ago, a DC-3 was my default aircraft. The fuel selector in the DC-3 is Left, Right, Left Aux and Right Aux. For starting a flight, the selector was typically in the "Left" position. When I changed to the Pilatus, there is no selector for the fuel tank(s). There are two wing tanks, but fuel is drawn evenly from both tanks, at the same time.

I changed the default flight to the Pilatus. That didn't totally solve the problem. I was however, able to make the fuel draw from the "Right" side tank. That led me to believe I was on the right track. I snooped for a plane that had a fuel selector that included "both." Changed the fuel selector on that plane, then switched planes, back to the PC-12. Made sure the PC-12 was still my default flight.

All is well, again.

Glad you got it working!

Another way to accomplish what you wanted is to go back to the original FSX Default flight. The Trike over Friday Harbour. Once that's been loaded into the Free Flight screen, you can change to the places/planes you want to use, and all the default settings will be restored to them.

Good luck, and have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived