Using FSX in Windows 10

I had FSX on an old Dell 4550 for 10 years. Before it died, I put FSX on an external drive till I built my new PC. I ran into problems right away. My Boot Drive is a 250GB SSD. FSX & Acceleration kept installing on the "C" Drive which isn't big enough for FSX. I cut & pasted it to my 1TB HDD "E" Drive. Not all the AC, textures and Add On Scenery showed up. Some aircraft were White, (no texture). Some were "see thru", while others hahave no landing gear. I then used the repair function on both FSX CD's. No joy. I have all my my Downloads on on the external HDD and reloaded everything. Took several days.

FSX still does not work properly. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

BCW

Hi,

First the location - you should be able to select the install path of your choice when running the installer. When you get the window with the install path defined simply click on the Browse button and change the path to the desired location.

Second - cut and pasting to a new location may work but this will definitely cause issues for FSX and those products (mainly payware) that make registry entries. Downloading and running the tool FSX Registry Repair Tool (found HERE - 4th entry down) may resolve the issues.

If the tool does not resolve all of the issues then uninstalling and reinstalling the problem products should work.

Regards

Brian

Uninstall the whole lot. You will need to uninstall fsx using add-remove programs two times. (accel, then deluxe.)

run kb928080 if needed.

Then install to the correct drive first time. Create a folder for it there first to point the installer to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived