Afcad I made does not show in sim

asos

I made an Afcad with AFX for Terry Flemming's advanced_landing_ground_a-1.zip, giving the airfield comms, etc , but I cannot hear those comms when I request take-off clearance from ground, or other requests from ATC once in the air.

My folder for the scenery is at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\ALG X8SP, contains two subfoldes (Scenery [with 3 files in it:1.X8SP_ADEP3_TEF.bgl, 2. X8SP_ADEP3_TEF_CVX.bgl and 3.AFX_X8SP.bgl -the afcad I made--and Texture [empty] and the folder ALG X8SP has been declared in the Scenery Library, but, as said above I hear nothing.

Can anyone help please?

I have also made a similar afcad for the same man's "advanved_landing_ground_a-11.zip" and it works fine with ATC--will upload it in this site later on.

Nick Tselepides,

Athens, Greece

f15jockey:

The text says:

FSX - FSX Scenery

FSX/P3D Scenery--Advanced Landing Ground A-1

[ Download | View ]

Name: advanced_landing_ground_a-1.zip

Size: 66,314,176 Date: 02-21-2018 Downloads: 44

FSX/P3D Scenery--Advanced Landing Ground A-1. This scenery package attempts to represent Advanced Landing Ground A-1 of the US 9th AAF. ALG A-1 was one of 29 Advanced Landing Grounds that dotted the Cotentin Peninsula. Construction of this airfield was started three days after D-Day on June 9th, 1944 by the 834th Engineer Aviation Battalion. At first it was in service as "ELS A-1", an Emergency Landing Strip. It had a 3400x120 foot un-tracked (grass/dirt) runway and was used mainly by small observation aircraft. There after it was expanded and enhanced with a 5000x150 foot SMT/PSP runway and 50 dispersal points. The 366th Fighter Group (P-47’s) of the 9th USAAF occupied the airfield on June 17th, 1944. From here the 366th FG (389th FS, 390th FS and 391st FS) mounted close air support to allied troops advancing thorough the bocage country and beyond. The runway was large enough to handle aircraft such as the C-47 and B-26. By Terry Flemming.

So it seems to be for both FSX and P3D.

OK,

I'm not familiar with placing two AFCADs concerning the same airport in the same folder.

I would place my home-made AFCAD (with the COMs) in a separate folder (with it's own \scenery subfolder), at a higher priority than the downloaded scenery. But again, you stated that it works with the other download, so I'm a bit at a loss.

Another thing to check is if the ICAO of your AFCAD is "X8SP" as well.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

When you have two afcads in the same folder, they are loaded alphabetically.

So AFX_X8SP.bgl will get loaded, then overwritten when X8SP_ADEP3_TEF.bgl gets loaded.

Disable the later, rename the former so it gets loaded last (i.e.-z_AFX_X8SP.bgl) or move your file to another scenery folder with higher priority in the Scenery Library.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived