Lost Throttle Control

Goggles

I am running FSX SE and using a Hotas controller.

Everything was fine yesterday when I shut down, but when I started up this morning all the controller button settings had gone.

Most of them I have managed to reset but have not succeeded with the throttle and with the rocker arm which I use for rudder trim.

When I load a free flight it comes up with the engine running, and the rpm dial showing 0. Pushing the throttle lever on the controller gets no response or effect on the rpm's. In the cockpit view if I push in the throttle with my mouse then the rpm clock registers and the rpm's go to maximum. So, the problem is how to set the throttle in the controls? The Cessna doesn't have an auto-throttle - I thought maybe there was an auto-throttle engaged somewhere.

How do I assign a 'throttle increase' to a lever that doesn't register a 'click' in the settings? It is presumably the same issue with the rocker arm that I use for the rudder. Thanks

I am running FSX SE and using a Hotas controller.

Everything was fine yesterday when I shut down, but when I started up this morning all the controller button settings had gone.

Most of them I have managed to reset but have not succeeded with the throttle and with the rocker arm which I use for rudder trim.

When I load a free flight it comes up with the engine running, and the rpm dial showing 0. Pushing the throttle lever on the controller gets no response or effect on the rpm's. In the cockpit view if I push in the throttle with my mouse then the rpm clock registers and the rpm's go to maximum. So, the problem is how to set the throttle in the controls? The Cessna doesn't have an auto-throttle - I thought maybe there was an auto-throttle engaged somewhere.

How do I assign a 'throttle increase' to a lever that doesn't register a 'click' in the settings? It is presumably the same issue with the rocker arm that I use for the rudder. Thanks

You need to look under "axis controls" to find the throttle. Check first that you are seeing axis movement on the throttle when in joystick calibration .

Cheers Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, I have gone through the Windows calibration procedure for the joystick and all appears to be in order.

Over in the FSX Buttons/Keys assignment settings, how do you assign functions to the rocker and the throttle lever when neither of these 'click'?

Yes, I have gone through the Windows calibration procedure for the joystick and all appears to be in order.

Over in the FSX Buttons/Keys assignment settings, how do you assign functions to the rocker and the throttle lever when neither of these 'click'?

As i say, both throttle and rudder are found under axis assignment rather than buttons/keys.

Clear. I am in the Control Axes and can see the Rudder Axis and the Throttle Axis.

There are 3 buttons to choose from,

Reset Defaults

Delete Joystick Assignment

Change Assignment

I highlight the Throttle Axis and press the Change Assignment and the Change Assignment window opens. If I move the joystick throttle lever forwards nothing registers in the box (whereas if I was changing an assignment for a controller button, then the button no. would appear), so I can't assign Throttle Axis to the throttle lever.

I presume I'm missing something, my apologies.

What do I need to do?

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly so i think you are going to need someone who uses the same controller to help you further. The only other thing that i can suggest trying is to start fsx without your controller plugged in. Then once fsx has started, plug the controller in, using a different usb port if you have one available.

Cheers Stinger

Archived