setting max altitude and max speed

darrenvox

i have been trying to fly the posky 767-300 and I would think it would cruise at 30-40 thousand feet yet at 12-13 thousand, the plane seems to slow down and go all crazy.

I normally look for that in cfg but not sure the format or coding..

[General]

performance=Passengers\n2-class conf: 269 \n\nCargo\nLD-2 containers aft \nTotal lower hold volume: 3,770 cu

ft \n\nDimensions\nSpan 156 ft 1 in\nLength 180 ft 3 in\nHeight 52 ft \n\nEngines: GE CF6-80A2\nTO Thrust

Rating: 48,000 lb\n\nMax Fuel Cap.: 16,700 gal\nMaxTOW: 395,000 lb\nMax ZFW: 295,000 lb\n\nTypical Cruise

Speed \n @ FL350: M.78

______

so it looks like its set to flight level 350 at .78 Mach but that's not what happens in the sim...right around the FL120-130 the planes speed decreases and it's going all crazy...only happnes on the 767-300 but im looking for how to set or look or change the max celieng for the 767-300 and this info inst working..

any help would be awesome tia

While the cfg file has precedence over the air file, there are many parameters still read from the latter, either independently or in concert with cfg parameters; for example graphs which control various aspects of drag and lift (which obviously cannot easily be replicated in the cfg file). This could be an issue here. If you have another 767 with acceptable flight characteristics (another Posky would be best) compare them using aired (you can have multiple instances of aired open and copy/paste single lines or entire sections, such as a graph, between them).

Actually, no, it's not "set" in the aircraft.cfg at all. The information in the [General] section is just that; information.. It's for you. It doesn't affect the plane in any way.

There's no "setting" the max altitude or airspeed. All you need to do is calculate your climb parameters.

What do you mean by "it's going all crazy..."?

Have you tried switching the speed hold over to Mach before it happens?

Have you tried a "step climb" rather than zooming up as fast as you can?

Do the engines spool down? Are they set correctly for the climb? Correct N1, EPR, and so on?

Are you sure the gear is up, flaps are up, and so on?

Is the Pitot Heat on? You pitot tube may be icing over.

Just trying to think, and it's not easy for me, of possibilities.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived