aicarriers not working.

jring2

I have used aicarriers in P3d in the past but in doing a reinstall after a hd crash, I for some reason can't get it to show up in the add-ons for my P3d V3. I had it installed before the HD crash and it worked fine. I tried the manual install, but have been unable to do it successfully and can't remember how I did it before. Any suggestions?

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

• 2 weeks later...
Bump

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

A lot of people have found it necessary to install it under the P3D root folder. Like C:\Games\P3D or whatevr you have.

Also, did you add it int your EXE.XML file properly?

Are you using the .NET version, or the old Java based one. I don't think the Java Based version works in P3D.

Do you have the latest version of FSUIPC for your P3D version?

Just trying to think of possibilities...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

A lot of people have found it necessary to install it under the P3D root folder. Like C:\Games\P3D or whatevr you have.

Also, did you add it int your EXE.XML file properly?

Are you using the .NET version, or the old Java based one. I don't think the Java Based version works in P3D.

Do you have the latest version of FSUIPC for your P3D version?

Just trying to think of possibilities...

Pat☺

And here I thought it would be a quick fix. :) I am unsure of the answer to all the above. I have the FSUIPC4 which is what I had when I used AICarriers2 in P3d V3 before but I'm not sure its installed atm. No idea which - NET or Java based. I know in the BC (Before Crash) I had simply used the execute and voila. However I am a redundancy freak so I have like 4 copies of the install kept safely off the boot drive and all with different time stamps. How do I tell which they are? And thanks for the "trying to think". Sounds possible on all. If you have anything to clarify, feel free.

Oh, checked and the install calls for JRE 1.5 or upper in all the files. Not sure how it was able to work before. Where do I get the NET version? Also I already have an "add-on" menu for FSDT so I am guessing the FSUIPC may be installed. It looks like my biggest need is to find the NET version as all ofmine seem to be JAR connected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

You can find it HERE - click on the AICarriers entry under Assets.......

Another source for another way of getting to the page linked above is to go to his very useful webpage. HERE.

Not only is there a link to the download page (look at the bottom of the first post (posted by Orion) and you will see a download link that takes you to the page) but it contains loads of useful info on installing and getting the app to work.........

Regards

Brian

You can find the correct FSUIPC HERE. Second choice down. The first is for P3Dv4. Follow the install instructions. Not that hard. It will require you to make a Modules folder under your P3D root folder.

When you install AICarriers.NET, it will require the installation of the correct .NET Framework file. There's a link in the Readme on where to get it. During the install, it may seem to lock up, or freeze. It's not, it just takes a while. I've seen it take as long as 10-15 min. Just let it run. Go get some coffee (my solution to everything! :D ), take a power-nap, whatever. Just stop in and check it once in a while.

You will need to manually add it to your EXE.xml if you want it to start automatically. There are very good instructions on how to in the Readme. The big thing there is to make certain you get the path to your AICarriers.exe (that you just installed). The full path. Like C:\Games\P3D\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe . Just an example, but you get the idea.

By the way: Thanks to Brian for giving the links above. I appreciate the help :)

I hope something in all my rambling helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived