Driver update question

Hi all:

I have a question I would be grateful for your input. I have a fairly high end system built about 3 years ago which includes a GTX Titan 6 gig. I run FSX with some add on aircraft and the usual collection of UT2, UTX, GEX, ASN, REX textures. My display is a 40 inch hi def TV running 19x11 60hz. I'm very satisfied overall with the performance and graphics but the video driver I am using is 331.82, which is at least 3 years old. I have had no impetus to upgrade to this point. So the question is do you think I would see discernible difference in either the graphics performance such as texture loading or the visuals on my display? In other words, should I update the driver or just sit tight?

Thank you for your thoughts

Rick

So the question is do you think I would see discernible difference in either the graphics performance such as texture loading or the visuals on my display?

Quick, easy way to answer your own question: Update the driver. If it's better, fine, leave it updated. If it's NOT better, or it's worse, roll it back. Quick, simple, easy procedure to roll it back.

Does that help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived