Nvidea shimmer question

HoratioWondersocks

Hello

I would just like to know which of the settings in NVIDEA control panel would help to eliminate or at least reduce ground level scenery shimmering .

The card is the GT 730 ,a fairly basic GCARD which gives a good display apart from this shimmering.(The higher I climb the less noticeable the shimmer).

I have played around with various settings in control panel, but without understanding there are many possible permutations ,so I would just like your

views on this.

Cheers Andy

Andy,

For a starter, in the Settings/Hardware section FS2004, set the Mip Mapping to 3 or 4 and see if that improves it. I had problems with shimmering, particularly when on the ground, with settings any higher than 4. (i5 3470 using a GT640 card)

Cheers, Grae.

Andy,

For a starter, in the Settings/Hardware section FS2004, set the Mip Mapping to 3 or 4 and see if that improves it. I had problems with shimmering, particularly when on the ground, with settings any higher than 4. (i5 3470 using a GT640 card)

Cheers, Grae.

Thanks Grae

I have already tried values below and above 4 with no improvement.

Iam wondering if it might be because I have had to buy a new PC and I Iam being hyper critical of the Sims performance.

Prior to this current PC I had about four years of trouble free flying ( before my old PC expired)

I thought this new one with quad core i5 processor would be the absolute cats whiskers ,so slightly disappointed ,but at least Iam airborne again .

Thanks Andrew

In Nvidia Inspector, try setting some Transparency AA. I'm using 2x SGSS, no shimmers at all in FS9; even setting Mip Map bias at 6. Haven't tried with 8 yet.

Luis

Thanks for the tip.

I have finally sorted the Shimmer problem. I don't quite know how I did it ,but it involved the removing of the graphic card driver in an attempt to install the latest one, this didn't work and i had to use combination of system restore and system recovery (been having a few other problems with this new PC as well as shimmering in the sim)

Anyway during restore/ recovery operation the original graphics driver was restored and when I turned on the pc this morning to try out your idea of setting transparency in the Nvidea settings I found the shimmering had stopped and even when I turned the transparency setting off again there was still no shimmering.

I can only conclude that uninstalling and reinstalling the driver fixed something ( I no not what) .

Thanks Andrew

Archived