Uninstalling Fs9 using Io-bit uninstaller

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All again

I am currently trying to uninstall fs9 using Io-bit uninstaller.

My problem is the Io-bit window is showing that the program is uninstalling Fs9 ,but Iam getting no indication as to how its progressing or how long it might take

I know my simulater installation is 79gb

Does uninstalling a program of that size take a long time.?

Could I cancel the i-obit

And remove fs9 manually ?

Thanks Andrew

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

I use IOBit Uninstaller, FREE version, 6.0. I trust it completely. It creates a System Restore Point before it uninstalls anything, if that makes you feel better. It should not take more than a 15 seconds to begin the process of uninstalling. The actual uninstall will depend on program size, but it should be all done (even if 75 Gb) in about 1 or 2 minutes. But IOBit Uninstaller has to be installed BEFORE you install programs. It gathers the info it will need later for uninstall. It will 'honor' any Program provided Uninstaller it finds. And on 'Powerful Scan' it will list and offer for removal any/all Registry Entries that a program created during install (thus the need to have IOBit installed before any program install).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi Andrew,

First, WRT creating System Restore points (SRP)- this can be done manually - google how to do it for your OS version OR get a copy of a free utility called Restore Point Creator from HERE - the tool can be used to configure auto creation of SRPs on a set schedule as well as manual ones as required. It also offers other tools such a disk space management for the storage of SRP's and deletion of old ones.

WRT a manual removal - it can be done but will require several steps to do it completely. Although IOBit is good its main drawback, as identified by Chuck, is that for it to function best it must be installed prior installing other products. IOBit may be able to clean up after a manual removal of a program installed before it was installed but it may miss something. There a number of other freeware products available (such as CCleaner) that don't need to be installed prior to other products to function correctly and I suggest that you download and install one prior to doing the removal. - see this LINK for an ideal of what is available or google the phrase registry cleaner. Also create a restore point beforehand.

First, remove any 3rd party addons, either via an uninstaller if the product provided one (normally payware rarely with freeware) as this will ensure that the associated registry key is deleted, or manually. Note that any manually installed 3rd party stuff will have no associated entries in Windows registry so can simply be deleted anyway (or backed up as is for future reinstallation).

Then attempt to remove the sim via the windows program and features utility. If that does not work and you are forced to do a full manual deletion do so by deleting the main sim folder first and then files/folders the following locations - backup any files that you may want to keep, such as the logbook, etc:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\

C:\Documents\

Once you manually deleted the sim reboot - this will allow any changes to made to registry entries. Once the PC has restarted run IOBit and see what it finds. Reboot and then run the other cleaner and see what it finds.

Regards

Brian

• 4 years later...