Success !

HoratioWondersocks

Can you write down the problems and the solutions? I would like to keep it for when I move on to 10 with a new computer.

Hello Roger

First let me say that although I have had numerous problems getting 9 to run 10, I don't blame windows 10, it's more a lack of knowledge on my part on reinstalling and then copying my backed fs9 and getting it all to work correctly.Also trying to get to grips with the new interface of W10 and just my impatience hasn't helped.

I am not sure I can be of much help to you re your own coming attempt to rein 9 on 10.

I tried and tried so many different things I simply can't remember them all.

There are the usual tips that you are probably aware of ie don't install 9 in the default location 'programs or programs 86 'create a new folder something like C:Fs9 (my own choice) ( that also applies to any utilities you may use as well (in my case Fuelloader and Joytokey) also try to only have one installation ,I had two at one point ie C:Fs9 and C:FLIGHTSIMULATOR 9 in my fevered attempts to get up and running and they were clashing causing further problems .

You may have noticed some other posts I made concerning getting 9 up and running, if you read any of these make note of any by longbreak754 (Brian) he really knows his onions ( his Sims and pc functioning as well)

Finally as I said at the beginning of this post , don't be put of by my troubles ( sim is now running properly )I don't think there's a problem with W10 I do think there was a problem with my lack of knowledge on the procedures required to get everything running smoothly.

Hopefully you will be more patient than I have (and you may be more knowledgeable than me concerning pc functioning) and get your own sim up and running on 10. When it comes to your turn to try remember there very knowledgeable people in these forums who will help you get going.

Cheers for now

Andy

Archived