Can't find panel.cfg for any aircraft are you kidding?

Urloony1

Just downloaded FSX steam edition and can't find the panel.cfg files in any of the aircraft panel folders. Does anyone know where to find them?

The panel folders have all the BPM files and some will have a zip file with more cockpit bmp's and xml files but no panel.cfg

Am I looking in the wrong spot?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\panel

Well, firstly, that doesn't look like Steam's normal path.

Try looking someplace like D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\panel . obviously, the drive letter, to begin with, will be different. I would wager you let it install to the default location (mistake, IMHO), so the beginning would look something like C:\Program files.... etc etc.

Take a look around and see if you can find a path similar to what's in mine after the D:\....

Hope that helps.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Bingo! It looks like I had an older version of FSX from a long time ago that didn't fully uninstall. Weird, it was gone from the program list but left a ton of residual files. I found my steam version where you pointed.

This is common, especially with 3rd party addons that are installed manually. This is because there are no key entries/references in the Windows registry for the inbuilt uninstaller to find them.....

Regards

Brian

Archived