Enough power for x-plane 11?

L_Svensson

I am an ex real pilot with instrument rating and multiengine, total > 1000 hours mostly on Beech 55 Baron and 60 Duke.

I recently upgraded my laptop to Dell XPS 15 (9560) with Cor i7 2,8 GHz, 500 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB GDDR5.

So I wanted to take up a little flight sim again and downloaded FSX SE.

With most setting on maximum the sim works very good and smooth, hardly any fan noise from the laptop. From my old FSX I also installed Beechcraft B60 from Real Air. I have the old Sidewinder 2 FF joystick.

However wanting more realistic flight dynamics I decided to try X-Plane 11 demo. The program seem to work OK but the laptop immediately runs quite warm with maximum fan noise already in set up mode before actual flying.

Another thing that I think is important for realism is to be able to trim the aircraft using FF. There is a plugin program for force feedback but as I understand it does not work with the trim function.

Appreciate some thoughts about this.

Lars

• 1 month later...

Hi Lars,

Your laptop smokes my desktop....

I would think you might just need some adjustment.

Have you tried this script?

Rendering options for XP11 1.0.4

Its on the x-plane.org site. Really smoothed out my sim. I followed the guys profile with the 750ti and I have a 750.

Have you seen this NVIDIA spec too?

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/118551-nvidia-inspector-settings-for-performance/

Best,

Pat

FSX and FS9, REX OVDR, UTX, FSPassengers, UTraffic, Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UDR, I7 950 3.07 GHz (no overclock), 6 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 560TI, Hyperthreading, FPS NOT locked...try it.

Archived