Question about altimeter units and also cockpit view options

GigMonster

Maybe it's dumb of me, but two different questions here.

1) I have X plane 10 regional version (Europe) and was surprised that the altimeter units (kollsman window, the little window where you set it to current air pressure) were in inches of mercury, which is the US standard, but I'm in Norway and really would like it to be set to hecto pascal (also called millibar). I kind of expected this would be as easy as changing Fahrenheit to Celsius.

While I'm at it, maybe I need to check too if the outside air temp sensor is in Fahrenheit? In any case, anyone know how I would change it? (Or them)?

2) totally different question, I would love to have a hot button, either keyboard or on my joystick, assigned so that pushing it would change the view from front to looking out the left window, but so that releasing the button would bring me back to eyes forward?

Is that doable, and how?

I'm on a roll, so sneaking in question number 3... If I upgrade to X plane 11 anyone know if I ought to first just uninstall X plane 10, or would there be any reason to just install it? Will it remove obsolete files, etc?

Thanks for any combination of answers!

Archived