FSX Go Around issues

LilOne

Hi,

New here. I am having some issues with the ATC in the game (SE: FSX).

I'm running the following mods:

Active-Sky Next Configuration Tool - Steam Edition

FSCaptain

An ACARS tracking program for Worldwide Virtual Airlines

Flight Simulator First Officer V2

I am using the default ATC

My issue is when landing, the ATC clears me to land, waits until about 2nm from the runway, tells me to go around and then tells the airplane that is waiting to depart to takeoff. The runway is clear of any traffic before me. I have made sure because I know that if there is any traffic on the runway ATC will tell me to go around and that makes sense. It only happens if there is an airplane holding short of the runway I am landing on. If there is no airplane waiting to takeoff, then ATC doesn't interrupt my landing.

When I am waiting to depart and there is an airplane that has already been cleared to land, if I ask for takeoff clearance and ATC tells me to hold short because of whatever aircraft is on final, then it waits until they are 2nm away from the runway and tells them to go around, and tells me to takeoff. If there are several airplanes on final, it will tell each and every one of them to go around, and then clear me for takeoff. I tested this at Miami airport. I asked for takeoff clearance, got told to hold short, then ATC told 5 planes to go around and then cleared me for takeoff. Not a single one of those planes landed including the first one who had a free and clear runway to land on.

This issue only started last night. I have checked every single one of my mods to see if there were any updates, but they all require me to manually update. I uninstalled Flight Sim First Officer just in case it was that one, as that was the latest mod I had downloaded, however it didn't change the result. I have also done about 10 flights with First Officer without any problems beforehand.

I have scoured the internet and can't find any problems that relate to mine. I realise there are other ATC programs out there but I don't really want to spend any more money on the game and I don't understand why this is all of a sudden an issue when nothing has changed in my game. I checked my FSX folder and FSX hasn't been updated in Steam for a while.

If anyone has any ideas on why this happened, or how to fix it, I would really appreciate it as I try to strive for realism in my game, and this has definitely ruined it a little bit for me. Going around a bunch of times until there is no waiting departing traffic is not really a good time.

Thanks.

I remember part of the Rawhide song "... don't try to understand them ..." Use the R key and accelerate the FSX to 2x or carefully 4x (no more) and clear the runway or until you hear your clearance. Don't forget to bring the rate back to normal before taking off.

Cheers,

Archived