Steep Descent

beroun

Hi,

Noted with some Boeing aircraft (Default 737, Open Sky 757 and some others) that the descend is too steep. In attached picture my 757 is descending towards JFK on approach hold 140knots 3% descent, full flaps yet the aircraft is pitched down. The touch down at 125 knots is on the nose wheel first, which is obviously not correct. Project Airbus aircraft do not doo this and land normally (slightly pitched up)

Is there any adjustment I can do in aircraft CFG or by AIRED to fix this anomaly. Also perhaps some trick in fuel/load distribution?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks

Peter

Steep Descent (2).jpg

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

In level cruise flight flaps up, gear up, what is its attitude? If its OK, then look in the .cfg flaps heading & see if there is a line for pitch_scalar, if so you can change that value - it should be a percentage of a value in the .air file in table 1101 in the pitch section:- Cm_df Pitch Moment - Flaps, might have to make it a -ve number.

Don't forget to keep a copy of the original .cfg & .air file.......

Good luck

Keith

I had the same issue when I first installed the Open Sky B757. There is an updated file that you need to download that fixes the issue. I looked for you but I just can not find it. But there is one out there somewhere. It fixed my issues. Just do a search for Posky 757 nose down fix. There is a Northwest B757 that has the updated FDE and flies right.

Wow, gents what a difference.

Have adjusted both the [flaps] lift_scalar= to 0.500 and pitch_scalar= to 0.200 both from 1.000 and the aircraft lands correctly. Will probably increase it a bit so that I do not scrape the tail on landing.

AGAIN, MANY!!!! thanks.

Cheers

Peter

Steep Descent after fix (2).jpg

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived