What do I need to fly the planes in the files section?

N33029

Gang,

I downloaded some planes from the files section, but get the impression that they were never made for Steam Edition. If that is right, is eBay item 112717441950 the right way to go for a computer with a multi-core CPU?

Thanks,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Gang,

I downloaded some planes from the files section, but get the impression that they were never made for Steam Edition. If that is right, is eBay item 112717441950 the right way to go for a computer with a multi-core CPU?

Thanks,

Sean

It would depend upon the plane.

As long as there are for FSX, properly installed, which usually means in the SimObjects\Airplanes folder and any gauges, effects, etc. are in their correct folder then the plane should more than likely work.

The caveat is that you may have to manually install if the installer doesn't point you to the correct paths.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

What planes or addons did you download?

Give filenames of the .zip files you downloaded.

How are you installing?

and what is not working?

Hard to help if we don't know.

---

It's hard to tell without that info, but I have a feeling it may have to do with the "DLC folder thing".

Here's a thread about that.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?303853-Repaints-don-t-show-up-for-default-aircrafts/page2

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299693-FSX-SE-Stock-DC-3-is-loading-gauges-deleted-from-panel-cfg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Sean,

What is the ebay item that you mentioned - describe or post a link. You may simply be wasting your money on something that may/may not improve your FSX and/or system. Also be aware that there are some very dodgy characters out there that sell FSX related software that is actually freeware and available from libraries such as hosted here at FlightSim.

As mentioned by Ernie at post #3 any 3rd party addon designed for FSX should work in FSX-SE. Whilst Steam installs FSX-SE deeper down into the system the basic concepts of a boxed FSX default install applies and the underlying folder structure at the FSX root level remains the same.

All you need to do to fly the planes is to install the various components (e.g Model, Gauges, Effects etc) into the required areas.

Regards

Brian

Archived