AIFP repaints not installing

awash2002

What are you trying to achieve?

AIFP is a program to edit flight plans only and cannot be used to install 'repaints'. Installing repaints textures are usually done manually.

Have you actually unzipped the contents of the .zip file into a temp location. The files need to be in a unzipped state to be read properly. Trying to run the actual .zip file in programs not designed to unzip the contents will always fail.

Give details of the file you are trying to use - its name and location from where you downloaded it - so that I (or others) may look at it and offer the relevant advice on the actions you need to take.

Regards

Brian

Having done a quick read of the manual to see how it works WRT installing repaints (not much info in it on the subject IMO) the only things I can suggest is........

A. Check the fltsim.txt file to see if it has entries. AIFP needs the info this file contains and if blank it will certainly cause an issue.

B. Check to see is there is another fltsim.txt file buried deeper in the repaint folder listing. Although very infrequent, I have come across this in the past.

C. Attempt to create a new fltsim.txt file by creating/compiling a plan using the data that may be provided in the other files.

If you still have problems the do as suggested by Jorgen and head over to the AIG website (HERE) or the FS Developer website (HERE) which has a dedicated forum for AIFP (HERE).

Regards

Brian

I've never used AIFP either to install repaints.

When things don't show first thing I do is check spellings in the cfg, do they match the texture name, lower or upper case letters different.

Are the textures inside another folder within the texture folder, I've had this in the past?

Check everything in the aircraft.cfg is the model name correct, I've had textures for one model and a different model in the folder, that too might be a mistake, if it is change it name and see if the trextures show, if not then it's the wrong model put in the zip may be by mistake?

Archived