Any PMDG Quality "Easy Startup" Aircraft?

AFS3

I tried searching for prior posts but my keywords returned no results...

I'm downloading a Posky 737 to give it a try, but I am rather interested in the realism of a PMDG aircraft. I want realistic visuals, sounds, and animations, but I also want an easy engine startup option that I can set to a button on my joystick. I've a hunch that "easy startup" does not belong in the same sentence with PMDG.

Currently I have an outdated AMD Aspire quad-core 2.2gig PC with woefully inadequate 4gb memory, but I use it nonetheless to fly FSX with max resolution for aircraft and mid-resolution elsewhere and suffer the bit of herky-jerky motion of passing scenery as I come in for a landing. I'm so used to it now it doesn't bother me. That said, I will soon be upgrading to probably another dinosaur, this next one being an Intel i7 7700 this time with 16 gig of mainboard memory, with NVidia's top-end GEFORCE graphics card with its own 8 gig of memory. Hopefully that will support near-max resolution of Orbx scenery, clouds, and hopefully, a very realistic looking and functional PMDG-comparable 737 aircraft.

Does anyone know if there is a PMDG (or comparable) FSX Win-7 compatible aircraft that, in addition to a full-scale procedure startup routine, also contains an easy startup option I can program to a button on my joystick?

I'm looking for quality, not necessarily freeware. For example, I recently downloaded a freeware 737 Jetblue "complete model" but inside the VC when I look forward, the front-end of the VC disappears; when I pan to the right, it reappears. So I am looking for a quality complete aircraft that has been fully built, tested and packaged by the person who created it and which is tested to be fully compatible with FSX with its own setup installer. Now that's obviously payware. But does it exist? Thanks!

I've a hunch that "easy startup" does not belong in the same sentence with PMDG.

Yep. The NGX is a good well detailed bird. I have a checklist for it on my phone.

If you use FS2004, then look at the B1900 C/D.

Yep. The NGX is a good well detailed bird. I have a checklist for it on my phone.

If you use FS2004, then look at the B1900 C/D.

Thanks. I'm using FSX. I'll most likely get the PMDG for those occasions when I have the time to step through all the procedures -- but can always select a simpler model for occasions when I'm short on time.

Before I commit to a particular PC purchase, would you happen to know which processor best handles the combined demands of FSX, a high quality aircraft model such as the NGX, and Orbx scenery?

Before I commit to a particular PC purchase, would you happen to know which processor best handles the combined demands of FSX, a high quality aircraft model such as the NGX, and Orbx scenery?

FSX is a largely a CPU orientated game. You want the fastest CPU possible. An i5 6600k or i7 6700k will fit the bill. I use the i5 shown in my Sig. But even then, you won't be able to crank all of the FSX settings to max without serious frame rate issues. I clamp my FPS in the Sim to 25 and yet every time I go to New York my frames go down to 14. I even overclocked and I got maybe a 20% boost. Wasn't worth it so I took the overclock off.

If you go with the latest Kaby-Lake CPU, you will have to use Windows 10.

FSX is a largely a CPU orientated game. You want the fastest CPU possible. An i5 6600k or i7 6700k will fit the bill. I use the i5 shown in my Sig. But even then, you won't be able to crank all of the FSX settings to max without serious frame rate issues. I clamp my FPS in the Sim to 25 and yet every time I go to New York my frames go down to 14. I even overclocked and I got maybe a 20% boost. Wasn't worth it so I took the overclock off.

If you go with the latest Kaby-Lake CPU, you will have to use Windows 10.

Many thanks for the good info.

Just so you know. If you install FSX, it should be in the root of C drive. Not in the programs files folder.

I've always let the program setup install to the default location. Not to belabor the point, but, how would the program location impact how FSX works?

Because from Vista on up the Program files directory is protected and you may have issues installing addons and what have you. Better to create a folder under C:\\ called FSX and install there. That's what I have done and that's what everyone else does.

If you're using the Steam version, I guess there's more of an involved process. I don't know, I own the game on DVD. You might want to go the FSX subforum and ask how to setup the Steam edition if that's what you'll be using.

Archived