Problems with Concorde-X by FlightSim Labs

acebrando

Has anyone here been having troubles with the FS Labs Concorde? Me and many of other people are having trouble with it because it crashes to the desktop and the support staff do not seem to have a definitive explanation due to what I have heard in their forum. Postings seem to go unanswered. Apparently if you are lucky to get a response from a support ticket they give you two reasons. It's either a windows update or a graphics driver issue. The confusion lies in the fact that they say that it is a windows update issue and that is the definitive problem and people come back and say nope it still crashed. Another reason that comes out is that it is definitely a graphic driver issue. Which one is it?

More than one has posted that all of their planes work but not the Concorde.

Hey,

I am using the ConcordeX and for me it works fine, on Win 7 as well as Win 10.

It would be really helpfull if you could provide further information on your issue.

Describve the error in more detail.

What OS do you use?

When did the problems start?

Are there any simularities, between the reported cases you were talking about (same OS or same GPU?)?

Cheers!

FSX SP2

Windows 10 64 bit

FSX installed at C:\

Reboot the computer before attempting to run Concorde in FSX.

I have tried loading it with and without Active Sky running but it makes no difference either way.

It ctd whether I am in full screen mode or Windowed mode.

Back when I installed FSSpotlights, ConcordeX, and CIVA my anti-virus was disabled.

The FSX Trike power glider is the aircraft I always start FSX with. But I've also tried loading it from the FSX welcome screen just in case that would make a difference, but it didn't.

No texture shaders or mods are installed.

As I always have, I right click and run FSX as administrator.

The Win 10 update (KB403788) that was given in the ConcordeX forum as the definitive reason for the crash, but that update does not exist on my computer. After I reported that I was told by a support ticket response that the issue was now my NVidia driver and that I needed to roll it back to a driver released back in December 2016, I don't see how that would be the problem because if it was why was Concorde working in September and into late October of this year. However so I rolled it back to 376.33 and ConcordeX still crashes FSX.

The way I look at it is this: If I have 30 different pieces of third party software that are add-ons to a "master" program (FSX in this case), and 29 out of the 30 work flawlessly with the exception of 1, is it possible that the software of just that 1 has a file or files that have become corrupt over time due to Microsoft updates, or something else, as an example? In other words, why is that 1 piece of software (airplane) causing a ctd and not any other airplane (payware or freeware) that I own? There is software (add-ons) that pre-dates the ConcordeX and they still work just as good in FSX as the day I purchased them. FSLabs support has been quiet on this point. In fact they ignore this paragraph that I just typed completely. When I ask if I should uninstall and reinstall, official FSLabs support ignores that too.

What I am trying to convey is that ConcordeX began to make FSX ctd over a period of time. In other words it was like a decaying process over time but then it was working okay. It began to ctd when I loaded it from the FSX default Trike, I would restart FSX and load the ConcordeX from the FSX splash welcome screen and then click Fly Now and then that worked for a while, then after that it did not ctd for a good while (months) from either the Trike or the FSX welcome screen. Then in September it began to happen all over again 2 weeks after Win 10 updated and Nvidia driver updated - so if it was a Win 10 issue or Nvidia driver issue, Why didn't ConcordeX make FSX ctd after the Win 10 update or Nvidia driver update right after they were installed? When I loaded it from the FSX default Trike, I would restart FSX and load the ConcordeX from the FSX splash screen and then click Fly Now and then that worked for a while.

It only loads okay (but not for long then it ctd) from the saved flights list. The flight is titled ConcordeX_Preliminary. I think that is the training flight as it loads with every system of the Concorde turned off and the Concorde is in EGLL. However it renders the right mouse button useless, it re-sizes the screen but no big deal as I can make the screen full screen, and it only works if I select it from the FSX spash screen. If I try to load the flight from the Trike, it ctd. Then FSX begins to lag and then it ctd, it acts just like it did when the OOM problem existed before version 1.39. It works for a while and then ctd. However after doing that a few times it ctd almost immediately. What kind of video driver problem would disable the right mouse button and do that to only one plane (ConcordeX)?

Archived