FSX Object Placement Tool

ChristoffNY

Hi all,

Im trying to use the default FSX object placement tool so I place some aircraft on static display at an "airshow".

My FSX is installed directly to the C drive and is not in program files or program files (x86). I've followed a guide online on how to install it, but the guy who did the guide has his FSX installed into the program files (x86) so his installation steps arent applicable to me.

Can anyone walk me through installing the object placement tool as I've tried installing it in numerous places but it still isn't appearing in the menu when I open a flight sim flight.

Failing this, is there a better, easier to use program that has been written by someone else in order to place aircraft at airports? I'd create AI flightplans for them but I won't be able to position the aircraft in realistic set ups.

Kind regards,

ChristoffNY

Hey Chris,

The Acceleration SDK must be properly installed. I would normally refer you to FS Developer if you have problems but I just checked and it seems the procedure has been modified and I found it somewhat confusing. I'll assume that it is working properly.

Wim made a slight error in his post. It's the path to the OPT that must be correct. Here's what I have in my dll.xml:

Object Placement Tool

False

False

G:\FS\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Of course, your path will differ.

Jim F.

Wim made a slight error in his post. It's the path to the OPT that must be correct.

I really meant "Path to the SDK" that has to be changed, as only the part preceding "Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK", in this case "G:\FS\" will be different on different installations. The rest is done by the installer, and its tree structure is always the same.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Hi all,

I'll briefly write through what I've done so far and see if you can spot any errors.

I inserted my deluxe edition disk 1 and ran the RTM SDK.

I inserted my Acceleration disk and tried to run the SDK\SPA1a but for some reason it wont run?

I instead ran the SDK\sdk.msi and then re ran the SPA1a installer, both of which installed fine.

The next step calls for you to installe SP2/XPack SDK, however this is absent from my disk. I only have a folder titles SP1a which contains the SP1 installer and then sdk.msi.

There is no XPack for me to install. So I downloaded the SP2 from the fsdeveloper website (following their instructions here btw). The previous installs put the SDK files into my C:\FSX folder (my FSX is installed directly to the C drive) however when I ran the SP2 installer it added it to program files x86?

I opened the dll.xml and changed the true to false and tried entering the paths as both C:\FSX/SDK.. and C:\Program Files(x86)Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK...

So now I have the SDK installed directly to my C drive and in Program Files (x86) I assume this is part of the problem?

Regards,

From FsDeveloper Wiki

EGAMxYv.png

You did everything right, but for some reason step 4. didn't work ?

I inserted my Acceleration disk and tried to run the SDK\SPA1a but for some reason it wont run?

After that, things obviously went bad.

My best guess is to try uninstalling all traces of the SDK through Windows Installer and start over.

By all means, the updates need to be in the same location where you've put the RTM SDK.

Maybe try to copy the SPA1a installer from your Accel disc to your hard disk first and see if that works.

It's been too long since I did this, but maybe the installers offer the option to change the install location?

All I can think of right now...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you. I have uninstalled and deleted all traces of SDK, when reinstalling, do I install the SDK into my C:\FSX folder or into program files (x86)? Im assuming into my FSX folder but I just wanted to double check!

Thanks!

ChristoffNY

• 4 months later...

Archived