How to get PMsounds to auto start with P3Dv4

Guest Simran737

Guest Simran737

Hi,

Does anyone know the exact wording and just where I would put the codes to auto start PMsounds when P3Dv4 starts up?

Below is from FSUIPC docs, which I think tells what to do, but its kind of confusing to me.

Thanks

FSUIPC4 can, as an extra, cause other programs to be run each time you load and run Flight simulator. Details of what programs to be run are provided in an additional section in the FSUIPC4.INI file. This section cannot be edited in the on-line FSUIPC4 options dialogues. You need to edit the details directly in the INI file. The additional section is [Programs] and can contain up to 16 requests to run other programs—up to 8 “Run” parameters Run1 to Run8, and up to 8 “RunIf” parameters, RunIf1 to RunIf8. Both sets are otherwise identical in format. The only difference is that the RunIf programs are not run if they appear to be already running. The ordinary “Run” programs will be loaded without such checking. The format is simply: RunN=(Options,) or RunIfN=(Options,) where N runs from 1 to 8. Details of options are given below, but if none are required the parameter simplifies into just the full pathname. For example: Run1=D:\RadarContact\RCV4.exe

You must manually edit the fsuipc.ini file

if there is no [Programs] section you must add it

then underneath that put RunIf1=

then save the ini file.

Next time you run P3D PMSounds will start if it not already running.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Guest Simran737

Vic,

Where you have full pathname, am I to type there where PMsounds is or just copy exactly what you have: RunIf1=

Thanks

where I have you put in the exact path to PMSounds.

So if PMS was located in C:\ProgramFiles\PMSounds\PMSounds.exe you would have

RunIf1="C:\ProgramFiles\PMSounds\PMSounds.exe"

The only thing I don't recall is whether or not you need the ""'s around it. Try it both ways.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Guest Simran737

Vic,

I did what you said but it seems that PMsounds loads auto anyway when I start P3D. Could it have something to do with USUIPC? Anyway, I have another question about the same thing with SPAD next. This is what they say below to load up and I did put it in the right spot and funny thing, it worked just once. SPAD thinks that maybe a Window update caused it to stop working. From what you can tell do I need to add a path to this like the PMsounds you told me or I think its complete, given that it did work one time. Any ideas on what I can do to make it work. Thanks

(here is where it goes and below this is the text I copied right into it)

C:\Users\(your profile name)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

SPAD Next

False

(Installpath of SPAD.neXt)\SPAD.neXt.exe

-m

not sure what you mean about PMSounds. I'm assuming the code you pasted goes in the dll.xml file or the exe.xml file.

I'm assuming that you replaced this: (Installpath of SPAD.neXt) - with the actual install path of SPAD. Other than that, it looks ok.

P3D Rig

Guest Simran737

Vic,

For the PMsounds, I deleted all the auto start text and it still starts when P3D starts, so it must have something to do with FSUIPC making it start? In FSUIPC, I had noticed that there is both an exe and dll file, so which would I have used?

As for SPAD, yes I put the path of Program files right thru to the exe but yet nothing happens.

Randy

I thought you WANTED PMSounds to auto start. Check PMSounds - there may be a setting that will autostart with the sim and you can enable/disable it there.

I have no clue as to SPAD - I'd think it would go in the dll.xml file but I would check with the developer first.

Vic

P3D Rig

Guest Simran737

Vic,

Well I want both PMsounds and SPAD next to start auto with P3D. The PMsounds does start auto, which is good and I will check if there is a auto start button. As for SPAD, I do have a e mail into them about this.

Thanks

Archived