Pentium-D vs Athlon-2 for FSX...

I'm wanting to try to get back to MS- Flight Sim, I have X, and a couple of the 200x versions) I've made a few attempts go get back at it over he past couple years but seems I always get side tracked. This time I'm doing it to give me something to think about besides bad xrays and an upcoming cat scan..

So here's my question; I want to set up a desk with my Saitek yoke and a PC with the Geforce gtx1050ti I bought for "ethereum" (one of those b1tc0in type things) mining, which has turned up not to be all it's cracked up to be.. So I want to put it in to real gaming use. I have two PCs to pick from, my main machine, an AMD Athlon 2, 3GHz dual core, 8GB ram with 64bit Win7 or a Pentium-D 2.8GHz 4GHz with 32bit Win XP or 7. So I'm wondering how much a performance hit FSX would take on the Pentium-D vs the Athlon 2? the Pentium-D is clearly a older machine, but still far above the requirement of FSX. The other PC will end up being my do all PC that I for website, email, and so on with. I'm guess PC would to a very good job, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.

--

Archived