Sort Of A Memory Question!!!

carlwickett

I get the following error message, and FS9 shuts down when I press OK or Cancel.

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read.

This only causes problems at certain airports, not all of them? And they are not all in the same region, or state!

Any help with what's going on would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Carl W

A windows error message so common as to be nearly generic. A quick online search will find hundreds of threads on this (usually regarding specific programs throwing that error message). As described to me by a programmer, it basically means the active program tried to access data it had placed in memory and couldn't find it; there is no single cause of this, it can be a program issue, an OS issue, even a hardware issue. It also seems very system dependent, so troubleshooting is problematic in itself.

A few "solutions" that each work for some people - reinstall system drivers, reinstall DX, remove and reinstall RAM, reinstall the offending program (if it's only occurring on one), and/or prune the processes list to shut off "unnecessary" ones.

And you may clear the problem without ever knowing exactly what caused it. I was getting this error with several games and one graphics program for months, tried every solution I read of, nothing helped. Then I replaced an aging vid card and haven't been plagued by it since.

1st of all is your FS9 installation stock or do you have addon scenery and traffic installed? If you have addons installed a good and easy place to start is to disable AI and see if the issue goes away.

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

A possibility, but bad AI (usually texture problems) typically causes a straight CTD without throwing a "memory could not be "read"" message.

bad ai textures is a common problem, but not the only problem you can have with AI. It could be you have 2 different AI with the same "title=" entry in their aircraft.cfg file, could be that the model.cfg file in model folder could have "model=xxx.mdl" when in fact it should be "model=xxx" without the .mdl extension, could be an AI with an incorrect "sim=" entry in the aircraft.cfg file. So, I would again recommend to turn AI off, it's a quick and easy way to eliminate a whole lot of possibilities as to what is causing the issue

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

I get the following error message, and FS9 shuts down when I press OK or Cancel.

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read.

This only causes problems at certain airports, not all of them? And they are not all in the same region, or state!

Any help with what's going on would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Carl W

Which version of windows? How much ram on your system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived