Manually Enter Route into UFMC/x737FMC

chris18p

I wonder if some kind soul will take pity on an old silver haired simmer who is try to get to grips with UFMC/x737FMC. I have installed the EADT x737-800 v503

I am trying to work my way through the online manual but finding it hard to take it all in.

I want to create the following route from EGKK (runway 08R) to LFBD (runway 23) which I have created with Flight Plan Database the route is:

EGKK

DIKRO

ANG

TUPAR

LFBD

According to the flight plan cruise altitude is 35000 ft and cruise speed 420kts. Flight distance is 386.84nm/716.42 km.

This is a route which I flew recently with Easyjet when going on holiday to France.

I want to understand the basics of entering the route on a step by step basis (which is why I have kept it simple) whilst also referring to the manual (which is a lot of pages to print) so I can tackle more complicated and longer routes in due course. I also then want to save the route in ufmc format so that I can reload it at sometime because as far as I can tell there isn't a freeware flight planner that will create a flight plan in ufmc format.

Finally I would like to activate the autopilot so I can to fly the route.

I should say I posted this question on the x-plane.org forum but never got any replies, so hoping I might have better luck here.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

Hi okdaley, there are some Youtube videos which I think are applicable, the only trouble is I find it quite difficult to keep switching between the laptop and my PC when trying to follow the video. I much prefer to have some written sheet I can follow.

If it comes to it I will have to try and watch the videos and make notes at each stage but this isn't always easy and the videos may not be for the latest version.

If ever I follow a YT clip I have it playing on my laptop, do one stage at a time, then pause the video, go the next stage, then pause the video till you do the complete tutorial.

Thanks, it looks like this is the only way I can progress. I will have to locate a YT video of the current UFMC/x737FMC otherwise it could be confusing to say the least.

This is a rather slow process but heigh ho I will give anything a try.

Archived