Jens B. Kristensen COMET taxi problem

asos

I downloaded Jens B. Kristensen's

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004 DeHavilland DH 106 Comet 1 And 2

[ Download | View ]

Name: comet_v20.zip

and the a/c taxis very slowly--1 to 3 knots.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Nick

Must be your throttle setting for your controller (joystick slider or HOTAS). Taxi is fine at 15 kts. I get it moving with 50% throttle as it IS slightly underpowered and very heavy due to fuel load. Otherwise it's 99.9% good. You need a long runway but it lifts at 90 kts with 2.5 pitch trim and 1 of flaps (try it with no flaps and just pitch trim). This is 1950's airplane with 4 small jet engines so it's not a speed burner. Takes getting used to that's all. I downloaded it and installed it just to see. It could use some tweaks here and there but all in all I like it. If you are going on a short trip you could reduce the fuel load after calculating how much fuel you will need for trip.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

napamule2,

It could not have been my joystick, as other a/c taxied normally.

I retried with a couple of flights and taxiiing was normal, 15 knots and more if I thottled up.

I still do not know why I had the slow-taxi problem earlier.

Thanks for the reply.

I will be uploading a modded panel for this a/c soon, with an additional window that will offer easier functionality, similar to the ones I have uploaded here for the Hawker Hunter. See screenshot of it below with the window out.

Look for "Tselepides" to find it. I will upload it in a few hours but not know when this site here will put it up...

Nick, Athens, Greece.

caravellle027.jpg

Archived