Various classic tube liners

Here is my latest classic tube liners and Airlines, bringing back the good old day's of my childhood in hopes of doing the same to everyone out there too. Kenny

American-Airlines-DC-10=10-SFO-PHX-sm.jpg

American Airlines DC-10-10 SFO-PHX

American-Airlines-DC-10-10-ORD-JFK-sm.jpg

American Airlines DC-10-10 departing ORD arriving in JFK

B727-200-Western-Airlines-SFO-LAX-sm.jpg

Western Airlines B727-200 SFO-LAX

B747-200-Coninental-Airlines-DEN-SEA-sm.jpg

Wing view Delta Airlines B-747-200 DEN on final to SEA

Classic-Delta-B747-100-DFW-ATL-sm.jpg

Delta Airlines B-747-100 DFW-ATL

Continental-Airlines-DC-10-10-DEN-ABQ-sm--.jpg

Continental Airlines DC-10-10 DEN-ABQ

Eastern-L-1011-MSY-ATL-sm.jpg

Eastern Airlines Lockheed L-1011 MSY-ATL

TWA-L-1011-ORD-JFK-sm.jpg

TWA Airlines Lockheed L-1011 ORD-JFK

Lovely set of screen shots Kenny, love the liveries too. I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the tubeliners was a term for narrow bodied jetliners that were long such as the higher series of the DC-8 and the DC-9 and the wide bodied jumbos which started with the 747 and included the L-1011 and the DC-10 were not considered as tubeliners? I may be wrong, just wondering.

Whatever the answer is, it changes nothing of the fact that this is an absolutely lovely set of screen shots and that I enjoyed viewing a lot. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course I am always very much appreciative of the simmers that take the time to respond to all print screen. As for Khalid, I always thought the word Tube Liner was used as a generalization of anything that tubular such as a liner, such as mine would be considered Tube liner. Maybe I was using the incorrect definition. I can see it possibly both ways, thanks for bring it to my attention. Kenny

Of course I am always very much appreciative of the simmers that take the time to respond to all print screen. As for Khalid, I always thought the word Tube Liner was used as a generalization of anything that tubular such as a liner, such as mine would be considered Tube liner. Maybe I was using the incorrect definition. I can see it possibly both ways, thanks for bring it to my attention. Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your reply. Again I may be wrong but the impression I had from reading decades of aviation magazines and periodicals is the tube-liners were narrow bodied long fuselage airliners such as the ones in the pictures below:

B757_300.jpg

B757-300

DC8_63.jpg

DC8-60

DC-8_super63.jpg

DC-8 Super 63

DC9_80.jpg

DC-9 Series 80

As you see from the examples above they do resemble a tube. Inside these airliners the width was a maximum of 6 seats abreast. While the wide bodied airliners were put in a class of their own, referred to as the "Jumbos" in its day, but this classification may be less common nowadays. The first Jumbos were the 747, DC-10 and the Tristar. The A380 and the 777 fit into this as well. I apologize for visiting this issue with another post but I just wanted to show you the visual concept behind my impression. Again I emphasize I may very well be mistaken.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again thanks for reminding me. I grew up in aviation as my dad was one of the test pilot for MD, 8,9 & 10's. I thought it was a general term for all bodies, I now that larger A/C are big bodies, but again thought it was a general term. No biggie. I miss the 8's, DC-10 B-707 & l-1011 era, my generation of airlines. Every time I flew on a DC-8, 9 or 10 I thought of my dad as I lost him in 1980. Kenny

Archived