Need help with a repaint

asos

I an doing a repaint of anai_warrior.zip by Andras Neumann.

Problem is that I can't find the location of the nose top so I can paint the black antiglare panel--see screenshot attached.

Can anyone help please?

Nick

Athens, Greece

C-BDY plane Beechraft .jpg

Having cursed this on numerous repaints I've found two situations:

- the color for an area is coded into the model file and cannot be changed (a variation is the entire model is one color and a particular area is not "paintable", this is often the case for a grey or black area)

- more commonly, the color for such an area is specified by a small unmarked patch somewhere on the template; this patch may be only a few pixels square and anywhere on a "blank" spot of the template. I use a contrasting color (bright pink or bright green work well) and paint these blank spots to find the one, you may inadvertently find others ( I painted one aircraft with several small squares in a row nestled between two wing panels ...suddenly i had pink wheels, pink wheel wells, pink cockpit interior, etc.). This is much easier if you are using FSPaint as you can immediately see what you are painting rather than having to save the file and load the sim.

At least those are clearly discernable. Try finding that white patch when the entire background is white, lol ...and when the squares are about a fourth that size.

On occasion I've found these using the magic wand tool with a tolerance of zero and clicking the background; it can tell the difference between 60,60,60 grey and 57,57,57 grey that my eye cannot. Of course if the sample color is the same as the background you're back to trial-and-error.

Search for " panel finder " , used to be at the " simmerspaintshop " but that is no longer available . Simply save the 1024 X 1024 jpg as psd and place on your texture sheet . You can lower the opacity to allow parts to show through .

If you are not successful send a PM with a working email address .

Panel Finder.jpg

EDIT : here it is just copy .

John

I think the official name is FS Repaint, payware from Abacus (http://www.fsrepaint.com.br/fsrepainting/ ) only $20 US and well worth it (especially when you encounter one of those aircraft with weird texture mapping).

You load FS Repaint along side your graphics program (can be Gimp, MSPaint, PSP, Photoshop, or whatever) and select the aircraft and texture folder. You then see on the 3D model what you are painting as you paint.

Archived