Carvair

ColR1948

Wow! I downloaded the Carvair, again another great model, I love it. I was flying off the east coast of England just over the Wash, after a few miles out at sea I spotted something, went down to look closer and it was an Aircraft Carrier.

I never knew that was in the sim, what spoiled it was a big white arrow underneath it, what is that all about?

Back to the Carvair, she flies great plus good engine sounds, keep them coming, this is fanrastic. :)

what spoiled it was a big white arrow underneath it, what is that all about?

Are you sure that wasn't the default wake effect you were seeing? The default isn't the best. If you want it to look better, find a file named EFFECTS.zip. It has updated, and vastly improved, wake effects for all the different size military boats.

I can't recall just where I got the zip file from. You can google VDO wake effect and see what pops up...

Does that help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Are you sure that wasn't the default wake effect you were seeing? The default isn't the best. If you want it to look better, find a file named EFFECTS.zip. It has updated, and vastly improved, wake effects for all the different size military boats.

I can't recall just where I got the zip file from. You can google VDO wake effect and see what pops up...

Does that help at all?

Pat☺

Hi Pat,

I have a feeling the member is referring to X-Plane:D

Cheers

Dom

PS...Thanks for the FSX tip though, I might have a look at that;)

I'm not sure either. I don't have XP nor have I ever, so I know less than nothing about it.

I'll see what I can dig up over on the FSDev forums though. They're some smart son-of-guns...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived