Pan view not working

I was installing FSUIPC with FSX and have somehow damaged the views for the C172SP Skyhawk aircraft. I was attempting to set up the POV hat to pan when this happened and have set buttons to 32 - 39 as suggested to Pan-Up, Control repeat, Pan View -1, etc. Whenever I attempt to pan up I am immediately staring at the ceiling as though it were at the tip of my nose. If I pan down, I am immediately looking at the seat. I cannot pan out of those views and must use Ctrl-Space to reset the view. The other pan positions (Right Up, Right, Right Down, Left Down, Left, Left Up) work correctly. Moreover, if I switch to another aircraft, including the C172SP Skyhawk G1000, everything works correctly. It is only the C172SP Skyhawk that fails to work. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edward A. Ranzenbach

It's better not to control POV with FSUIPC. Never smooth enough.

In the past, I tried what you're trying, but in the end I kept letting FSX do the POV control.

I'll come back to this (with a how to...) when I'm back at my simming puter.

And after I had some sleep.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Basically what I did was to delete ALL entries for my joystick in the Default.XML file.

This file is located in folder C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls

All entries EXCEPT the one for POV. The result will look something like this:

Type="Controls"
       version="1,0"
       id="Standard">
Controls Mapping File
Standard.XML

[color=#008000]...  // SimControls.Map entries for keyboard, keyboard slew, etc... left unchanged[/color] 

[color=#ff0000]//Entries for joystick start here[/color]
Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller (USB){D03AB400-C8C8-11E4-8001-444553540000}

[color=#ff0000]... //all other entries deleted
[/color]

PAN_VIEW

[color=#ff0000]... //all other entries deleted
[/color]
 [color=#FF0000]//Entries for joystick end here[/color]

[color=#008000]... // Possible other SimControls.Map entries left unchanged[/color]

In Settings - Controls - Calibration the joystick should be enabled, so FSX can intercept the POV command.

All other controls can now be programmed through FSUIPC.

I hope my explanation isn't too confused. Maybe there are other options, but this one works best for me 'til now.

As always, make a backup first.

BTW If you don't feel comfortable editing the file, you can also delete all button/axis assignments for the joystick through the Settings - Controls panel.

Moreover, if I switch to another aircraft, including the C172SP Skyhawk G1000, everything works correctly. It is only the C172SP Skyhawk that fails to work.

Most likely you've created an FSUIPC profile for the C172SP. Other planes don't "listen" to that profile.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived